Egypt says that Russia's intervention in Syria will curtail the spread of terrorism help deal a fatal blow to Islamic State in the war-torn country.
"We believe Russia's intervention, given its capabilities, will serve to limit terrorism in Syria and eventually eradicate it"
AML investigations identified links to the decade(s) old support base with members of The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and never eradicated support base of Al Qaeda. Both organisations enabled the worst terror attacks in recent history.
Cooperation with terror cells in MENA and specifically Egypt enable execution of attacks within weeks.
The quality of rarely used resources, such as large anonymized money transfers, special weapon supplies and transport, indicate that the conspirators seek to strike a high value target with Geo-strategic and/or international significance.
The hard targets vary from government structures and embassies to, on the high end, the Suez Canal and the Aswan Dam. Both 'water' projects are vital to Egypt's economy and at the same time symbolize the heart of Russian Egyptian relations.
First published on and before 07 October 2015 by Ultrascan Humint - see map
The Cold War Revisited
Russian Egyptian relations are firmly embedded in Egypt's recent history and at the start of the cold war when the Soviets rushed to Egypt's aid to build the Aswan Dam after the United States withdrew its offer of financial aid to Egypt to help with the construction.
Egypt and Russia Back to the Future
Supported by Soviet arms and money, and angry with the United States for withdrawing its promise to provide funds for construction of the Aswan Dam, Egypt seized and nationalized the Suez Canal leading to the Suez crisis.
Today the U.S. suspension of military aid to Egypt has created an opportunity for Russia to exert influence in the Middle East. Russia is to establish an industrial zone for Suez Canal in Egypt and help build a nuclear power plant in Egypt
Related stories short term:
- 27-08-2015 Putin and Sisi pledge to boost Russia-Egypt ties
- 03-10-2015 Erdogan on Egypt: 'I will not normalise with a coup regime'
- 03-10-2015 Egypt court sentences two 'Ultras Rabaawy' Morsi supporters
- 04-10-2015 Egypt supports Russia's military moves in Syria
- 04-10-2015 Egypt says Russia's intervention in Syria will counter terrorism
- 05-10-2015 Egypt reiterates support for Russian airstrikes in Syria
- 25-10-2015 Egypt says 2 senior Muslim Brotherhood officials arrested
Related stories long term:
- Struggling for Egypt - or Maybe Not
- Russia is still determined to establish an industrial zone, and lend Russian expertise to build a nuclear power plant in Egypt
- Aswan High Dam, River Nile, Sudan, Egypt
- Pakistan, Egypt Face Extreme Water Security
- Egypt Completes Canal Project
- Egypt's Nubians demand rights on Aswan High Dam anniversary
Subsidiaries of international research organization with over 3280 experts in 69 countries
"We have the tools and resources. Managed appropriately we effectively monitor with impact assessments in place"
Ultrascan Financial Intelligence Unit A mixture of intelligence gathering, investigations, reputational risk mitigation and Innovative Technology in line of objectives. Focused on external information and stakeholder engagement, to detect exposure to financial crime risk.
Ultrascan HUMINT have extensive experience with identifying, locating, mapping, monitoring, analysing and predicting perpetrators of money laundering and the planning, funding, communications and support of terrorism.
Ultrascan KPO working with governments on the path of reform, providing support on areas of governance and implementation. We provide geopolitical and strategic advice to multinationals and institutional investors with investment opportunities.
Ultrascan Intelligence and Analysis BRAINS. Wander Around in our Detailed Global Interactive Research - Criminal and financial relationships visualized - Non-linear - networks of knowledge like you've never seen before - AML KYC FIU - Innovative Technology